When opting for a career path, it is extremely important to weigh both the negative and the positive aspects before taking a final decision. For case in point, while being an Accountant has various benefits such as being able to work from home and obtaining decent wages, the profession surely has some shortcomings. The primary challenges of being an accountant include certain factors such as working really long hours, having to continually take classes for as long as you are in practice and the job itself is stressful and tiresome.
Being an Accountant means much more than merely working with figures and numbers on a daily basis. It is a kind of career that proffers a certain level of esteem. Your capability to work with money allows you to assist others to succeed financially as you earn for yourself. It is a way to make an absolutely direct difference in the world of every client. Yet being stuck in a corporate office, staring at spreadsheets on a lovely sunny day, might not be your cup of tea. Have you been thinking about this as a career for yourself?
Just like any other career, there are a few downsides – so in the interests of fairness, now it is time for you to be able to face the challenges! Being an Accountant Port in Melbourne might not be for you if any of the following points is a deal-breaker:
1) You might find yourself doing the same thing repeatedly, over and over again, for a while. This is, in particular, true if you work in one of the big accounting firms, where you will have to do some time and again audit work before you are able to move up.
2) There are various cyclical periods of time when you will almost certainly have to work overtime. When it is time to do taxes and other big events in the financial year, accountants work up to 80 long hours in a week.
3) The job of Accountant in Melbourne is competitive. Most of the people who get into accounting are driven as you would expect in a natural manner, focused & intelligent, so that means the competition for training & jobs can be intense. It definitely isn’t a career you can float into.
4) You have to have the ability to focus under pressure. Accounting is about making sure that every detail comes just right, and when you have been working for long hours or you are under a tight deadline, it can be extremely hard to keep your focus.
5) Your training is never over if you are an Accountant. Continuing professional development is imperative in this field, so you will have to be prepared to keep learning and studying throughout your career.
6) The job is detail-oriented. This can be a good thing if you are naturally more detail-focused. However, it can be really annoying & overwhelming if you are not and there is not really any way around it.
7) The job of an Accountant traditionally a hierarchical career. If you go into a conventional accounting position, you will normally have to follow an extremely specific set of steps to ladder up in the hierarchy. Of course, this has been changing with modern firms.
8) Deadlines are not at all negotiable. Making deadlines is extremely important since you or your clients can frequently get fined if you miss them, so if you are the type of person who wills to push things up to the very last minute (or watch deadlines go by completely), accounting is not the best career for you.
9) Advising clients is an important aspect and challenge of being an Accountant. It is hard to watch the clients make bad choices after you giving them good advice. One of the best things about being an accountant is that you get to know the nuts and bolts of a business. This means that you can give the clients really good advice about what they are supposed to do. Unfortunately, that does not mean that they have to take it. It can be hard to see a client do something you already know will harm their business.
10) There are a lot of logistical needs and requirements if you run your own business. You have got to have proper insurance and continuous professional development if you want to work as an accountant. If you want to be a Chartered Accountant. you will also have to pass regular inspections.
Do you want to hire an experienced Accountant in Melbourne? Get in touch with Reliable Bookkeeping Services. We will help you right away.